Being prepared for a tropical storm or hurricane will help with the stress of preparing for a hurricane.
You never know where and what you will be doing when that tropical storm warning comes about. You could be coming back from vacation, a business trip or out of town altogether.
Ask these 4 questions of your employees and family members to start putting together your disaster plan:
How will you receive emergency alerts and warnings?
- Do you have a weather radio? If not, now is the time to get one.
- Have you subscribed to Weather Emergency Alerts from your local news?
What is your shelter plan?
- Identify safe places in your home to weather the storm. Make sure your safe place is:
- Area with no windows or doors
- Stocked with emergency supplies
- Access to food & water
What is Your Evacuation Route?
- Leave early enough to not be caught in traffic
- If you cannot leave sooner, think about the best ways to get out of Vero Beach that will be the least congested
- Develop a plan in case you get seperated from your family members
- Keep extra gas at your home so you are ready to leave without being stuck at the gas pumps
- Put an emergency kit in your car
- Have a plan to evacuate family members that are disabled
What is your communication plan?
Download This Template
WHEN IT COMES TO DEALING WITH DISASTERS…
We have 40 years experience and have seen it all. We put together this guide to help you serve your policyholders the best you can. We want you to be successful. Reach us 772-567-4435 anytime of the day or night.