Beat the rush: Get your supplies now
Waiting until a hurricane has got our area in its sights is a bad time to be thinking about hurricane supplies. People panic and store shelves become empty within a few hours of the news stations proclaiming we are under a tropical storm/hurricane warning or watch. Gas stations get pumped dry and lumber for boarding up homes become scarce. Gather all these things now so you can be ready when a storm hits!
What to include in your supplies preparation:
- Water – 1 gallon per day/per person
- Food – three-day supply of nonperishable food
- Can opener (if your kit contains canned food)
- Weather radio – hand crank or battery-powered
- Flashlight and batteries
- First-aid kit
- Dust mask, plastic sheeting, duct tape
- Moist towelettes, baggies with ties
- Wrench or pliers
- Local maps
Additional Items to Consider:
- Prescription medications
- Eye glasses
- Infant formula
- Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
- Sleeping bag/blanket
- Change of clothing
- Important family documents in a waterproof container
- Cash, traveler’s checks and change
- Matches in waterproof container
- Fire extinguisher
- Books, puzzles or other activities for children
- Extra food and water for pets
After you assemble your kit...
WHEN IT COMES TO DEALING WITH DISASTERS...
We have 40 years experience and have seen it all. We put together this guide to help you serve your policyholders the best you can. We want you to be successful. Reach us 772-567-4435 anytime of the day or night.