Learning how to properly prepare for disasters and catastrophes are valuable tools in any student’s skillset. This scholarship will be awarded to the high school or college student that demonstrates knowledge in how to properly prepare for hurricanes or flooding disasters. ServiceMaster By Glenn’s will award a grand prize scholarship of $1,000 and $500 to the runner up that submits a 2-4 minute video on disaster preparation. The video must use visual aids and proper citation of research on how a business can properly prepare for a disaster. The video will be judged of the following: Content, originality, creativity,and the ServiceMaster Restore branding. Scholarship will be awarded after 6 weeks of enrollment into university or trade school classes.
- Applicant must be a current high school or college student with plans to attend a Florida trade school or university.
- Applicant must be a Florida resident and be able to provide 2 proof's of Florida residency
- Applicant must be accepted to a Florida trade school or university and must use their scholarship winnings towards educational endeavors at a Florida school
Video Submission Requirements:
- Videos must be 2-4 minutes long to qualify. Please no submissions under 2 minutes or over 4 minutes
- Please choose to highlight disaster preparation in one of the following cities on the Treasure Coast: Fellsmere, Sebastian, Vero Beach, Indian River Shores, Orchid, Ft. Pierce, Port St. Lucie, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Palm City
- Demonstrate a recorded video detailing knowledge on how to properly prepare for hurricanes or flooding disasters
- Demonstrate disaster preparation in a way that will entertain viewers
- Video must include ServiceMaster by Glenn's branding
How to Apply:
- Fill out the application form below.
- Create a video that shows how properly preparing for a hurricane can be a valuable tool in a way that will entertain viewers. Upload the video to your YouTube account. Send the link of your video to email@example.com and we will add it to our submissions playlist.
- Videos must be 2-4 minutes long to qualify
- By November 1st 2017 submit your videos and completed entry form
* All video submissions will be property of ServiceMaster by Glenn’s and used accordingly.
Application Deadline: November 1st, 2017